Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PGW2200 9.7.3: cluster with different host models

Hi all

I would like to know if someone has testet a PGW2200 cluster with two different host models (same technology: AMD or SPARC). For instance X4600M2 as ACTIVE and a X4200M2 as STANDBY. Someone knows if this is a TAC approved configuration?. Many thanks

Juan Manuel Munárriz

Systems Enginner

BULL España. S.A.

3 Replies 3

donaliforb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Juan,

More than likely you will not encounter any issues however it will not be Cisco TAC approved. Problems may only arise as the systems are stressed and reach peak utilization. For a lab setup it's fine but not for a production system.

Regards

Donal Whooley

www.iforb.com

Hi Donal,

Thank you for your answer. I have tested this with a 9.6.1 varsion where licensing it's not enforced with any method. But I would like to be sure that there is not any problem with the licensing mechanism adopted with versions 9.7.3 and up. I undestand the concerns related with the performance differences between both MGC hosts

Regards

Juan Manuel Munarriz

BULL España S.A.

The only licensing issue is that the hostid of each machine is hard coded into the licenses. But I see no mention of the hardware in the 9.7(3) license file.

Regards

Donal Whooley

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: