Views
Helpful
Replies

Plugging phones into a 7206VXR anyone?

sajeelkhaled
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I've been running plain ol' voice between 2600 routers using FXS cards and plugging telephones in the appropriate ports.

Recently, the customer bought a 7206VXR router for one of the sites.

From the documentation available, it seems that this router only supports voice connection to a PBX using T1/E1 ports. Is there any voice module that I could buy to keep the configs simple using normal telephones?

If not, what would be the most appropriate alternative?

Regards

2 Replies 2

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

7200 only supports digital trunk, no analogue.

Depending on how many ports you want to use, you could use the 2600 with FXS, or step up to the NM-HDA and have a higher FXS density.

The IAD2431 would give you up to 24 analogue ports.

If it's a call manager gateway you could use a VG224 or VG248 as well.

Another possibility is to use an external FXS channel bank and connect one of the 7200 T1's into the channel bank to give you 24 loop start FXS ports.

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

We cannot use the 2600 router now, that would make them ask 'why' they have the 7206 router :)

I'm a little confused about the IAD2431. We have multiple leased lines coming in from different cities thru serial interfaces at the site with the 7206.

Do I need to connect all the serial ints to this device? or could the calls be routed from the 7206 to the IAD using a FE port?

I'm using a simple conf of:

"

voice-port 1/0/0

input gain -2

output attenuation 2

echo-cancel coverage 32

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 9

port 1/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 9

session target ipv4:10.1.1.14

req-qos guaranteed-delay"

Will something like this work here?

As for 7200 supporting digital trunks, does this mean I need a PBX for this? I'm sorry I'm new to these high end routers, and concepts are a bit different. I'll be grateful if you could guide me.

Regards