Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Porta Billing and Cisco AS5300

Can someone help please?

I've setup a calling cards using Cisco standard TCL to communicate with Porta billing, a caller have to dial Sydney's DID number but not all caller can get through, these are the issues I'm having:

• No less than 9 digits PIN get to be used.

• Some users can not get through; the IVR says welcome and stops there, nothing happing.

• Other users, it's just perfect for them no problem

To start with we thought, it's related to a specific carrier, but it's not as from what we experienced, different number belong to a different carriers from the same are having these issues, ie some work and some not. I'm very new to TCL, you can say I know nothing, yet I need to find urgent solution, any urgent help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jassem Aldulaimi

8 Replies 8

daniel.fuchs
Level 1
Level 1

Jassem,

Porta have its own TCLs to access it (I believe this is the reason that you have the 2 last problems mentioned).

regarding PIN lenght, give a look at this document to see if it will help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/voice/configuration/guide/vvfivr.html#wp1230127

Step 3.

regards,

daniel

Daniel,

Many thanks for your reply.

This is what got on but still need 9 PIN;

call application voice byb-cc uid-len 9

call application voice byb-cc pin-len 0

Could it be the billing itslef, mind you it was fine, before I lost my original script.

Regards,

Jassem

Jassem,

it can be the TCL.

My IOS version is different from your but did you try to remove call application voice byb-cc uid-len 9?

if you look the documentation, this command is driven the number of digits that can be used:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_c2_ps5207_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1216455

The default for this parameter is 10. do you need variable?

regards,

daniel

Daniel,

Remove it alltogether, or just change the value?

Jassem

Daniel,

One more thing, do you know by any chance why would you use this at POTS dial-peer ?

clid network-number 88823400

Jassem

Jassem,

POTS Diall Peer is used to receive calls from PSTN but also to send to PSTN.

Clid control the way caller id is presented to the PSTN if calls is send to.

Please give a look at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_c6_ps5207_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1104547

regards,

daniel

Jassem,

I believe you can remove it all to see if it works for you. if you have a specific value, you can change the value.

regards,

Daniel

I'm trying to use this scripts with a billing called RadiusCat, but all I achieved is to the point where it ask me for the number to dial and after I dial it nothing happen, instead it ask for it gain, it does that 3 times and then come back with a message saying we are having a technical difficulties, please tray later, not sure why, any help would be great.

Regards,

Jassem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: