Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI to Nortel Meridian

Setup:

ICS7750 w/ MRP, DSPs, 1MFT-T1 connected to ---> Nortel Meridian that is connected to PSTN

Current State:

The T1 is up. 4-digit dialed extensions to/from PBX ok, however 10/11 digit calls to PBX (for PSTN access) do not - we're routed to the PBX operator.

The point:

I've seen a few documents discussing Meridian PBX integration, but they don't seem thorough or current. Further guidance would be appreciated. I'll post info such as PBX SW versions later this morning if needed.

5 Replies 5

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

What D channel protocol are you using? Most will not allow the PBX PRI to be configured as tie-lines, which is necessary for the PBX to allow tandem calling. If the PBX thinks the Cisco is the PSTN it will not allow calls to come in and go back out another trunk group that is also defined as PSTN. This is pretty standard to prevent toll fraud.

You might try DMS100 on the 7750, and SL-100 on the Nortel side, but you may run into B channel lockout issues.

Can you clarify the last comment regarding the "B channel lockout issues". Do you have any link explains what's the issue? Thanks!

sysjes
Level 1
Level 1

What digits are you sending out to PBX? Are you dropping the '9' in the route pattern? Make sure the digits you send to the PBX are the digits it expects to place the calls... The same numbers you would dial on the Nortel phone should be what you are sending from Cisco. If you have to dial 918005551212 on the Meridian and you dial 9.18005551212 on Cisco, then make sure the digits are not manipulated in any of the route patterns, route lists or gateways.

This was an old issue that was resolved. If I remember correctly we reconfigured the Cisco gateway for network side ISDN and DMS100 and made the appropriate changes on the Nortel side and it worked.

thusain
Level 4
Level 4

Can you attach a debug isdn q931.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: