Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS marking and remarking

What happens to a packet that matches criteria for two different class maps and the policy sets one class to DSCP 46 and the other to DSCP 48. Which one will be applied to the packet?

Also what if a PC marks a packet with DSCP 46? Is there a way to configure a router to trust the DSCP value the way a switchport can?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Bruce,

The first class-map that matches the packet wil act on it. Once a packet matches a class-map, other class-maps are not evaluated. In terms of the order, the class-maps appearing at the yop of the policy-map are evaluated before the ones appearing further down.

I've answered your other question in the other forum you posted the question to.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Bruce,

The first class-map that matches the packet wil act on it. Once a packet matches a class-map, other class-maps are not evaluated. In terms of the order, the class-maps appearing at the yop of the policy-map are evaluated before the ones appearing further down.

I've answered your other question in the other forum you posted the question to.

Paresh

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Bruce,

Paresh