Helpful
Replies

QoS Problem - Outbound Ethernet Marcation

neirival.sousa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem with QoS.

Everytime a voice packet go outbound through an Ethernet interface the router remove the DSCP marcation 46 (EF) and marks as 0. Serial interfaces work fine.

I've tried with different IOS versions but the problem is the same.

If anyone has faced this problem before, please let'me know what IOS version this QoS configuration work.

Cheers ///

Neirival de Sousa (Brazil/Angola)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

can yo be more specific about your hardware/software and general setup?

Also one more thing: are you sure it happens outbound? Could it be that a LAN switch is receiving the frame/IP packet and the default port settings for Catalysts kick in? QoS wise all LAN ports on the Catalyst switches are untrusted, thus any marking will be set to 0 (best effort), when received on such a port. You need to issue a "mls trust ..." command on each port, where markings should be passed unchanged. The "..." is "cos" or "dscp" and depends on hardware/IOS.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

can yo be more specific about your hardware/software and general setup?

Also one more thing: are you sure it happens outbound? Could it be that a LAN switch is receiving the frame/IP packet and the default port settings for Catalysts kick in? QoS wise all LAN ports on the Catalyst switches are untrusted, thus any marking will be set to 0 (best effort), when received on such a port. You need to issue a "mls trust ..." command on each port, where markings should be passed unchanged. The "..." is "cos" or "dscp" and depends on hardware/IOS.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Hi Martin,

You are the man !!!

The router connection was through a Port-Channel and I'd configured qos just on the physical switch ports, not on the virtual Port-Channel. That was just insert on the Channel interface the command # qos trust dscp and everything working fine now.

Thank you very much.

Neirival (Brazil/Angola)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: