cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern/Filter Issues

pgwhal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I had a question that I was hoping someone could help me with. I recently had an issue on CallManager 4.1.3sr6a. I have 10 sites, each using their own set of 6 9.@ route patterns for outgoing calls. Although the patterns are distinct, they all use the same route filters. Today, all of the sites began matching on the route pattern with the seven digit filter rather than matching on the long distance filter when a 91XXXXXXXXXX number was dialed (we tested with a number of numbers in different area codes). I wasn't able to input more digits after the 7th and DNA confirmed that it matched on the seven digit filter. The filters are as follows:

Long Distance =(AREA-CODE EXISTS AND LONG-DISTANCE-DIRECT-DIAL EXISTS)

SevenDigit = (LOCAL-AREA-CODE DOES-NOT-EXIST AND INTERNATIONAL-DIRECT-DIAL DOES-NOT-EXIST AND AREA-CODE DOES-NOT-EXIST AND SERVICE DOES-NOT-EXIST).

I was able to resolve the issue by going to each site, removing the long distance 9.@ pattern and simply readding it (no changes were made to configuration).

It was like it just stopped seeing all patterns using the long distance filter.

I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a bug that may have caused this.

Thanks very much!

1 Reply 1

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

For detailed descriptions and examples, refer to the Understanding Route Pattern Wildcards and Special Characters section of Understanding Route Plans.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/3_0_9/p1rtundr.html