Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

routing calls from cme to ccm through a gatekeeper testing with csim start

I am trying to route calls from cme to ccm through a gatekeeper. Everything seems to be working fine except when I test the calls from the router using csim start I cannot get the IP phone on the ccm side to ring. I have tech prefix set to 1# on ccm h323 trunk and 2# on cme. I have tech prefix set on and session target ras on dial-peer pointing to the gatekeeper. I have a translation pattern set in ccm to strip the 1# off of the called number from cme. when I do a show h323 gateway I see the no response from user count increment everytime I make a csim start test call. When I do a debug gatekeeper main 10 I can see where the tech prefix is matched and the zone is matched. Nothing happens after that. By the way calls from ccm to cme work. Just not the other way around.

1 REPLY

Re: routing calls from cme to ccm through a gatekeeper testing w

Do the calls work if a CME phone is calling?

A few general things to check:

1) You do not have a separate "Gateway" configuration in CCM for the CME. The trunk is sufficient.

2) If you do have a Gateway configuration, and you cannot remove it, make sure that its CSS includes the partition where the translation pattern is located.

3) Make sure the trunk is using the correct CSS as well.

4) Make sure you have no codec mismatch issues causing the h245 portion of setup to fail. It's possible that the inbound dial-peer in CME is not the same as the outbound, so codec selection by CME could be different depending on the call direction.

5) Along those lines, are there any resulting CAC/bandwidth constraints?

On CME, debug h225 asn1, debug ras, and debug h245 asn1 are your verbose logging friends. Use them in off-peak times.

On CCM, enable "Arbitrary" debugging levels for the callmanager service on the subscriber(s) who could be receiving the calls. Then the Q.931 translator to verify that the call is received and get the disconnect cause, and use notepad to find out why.

Let me know if this helps get you pointed in the right direction by rating the post.

Michael

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content