Views
Helpful
Replies

Same dial-peer (.T) on both POTS and VoIP

lkc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've got a setup with a Cisco Sip Proxy Server and an AS5300 as a gateway.

The trick is that i would like the gateway to forward all incoming calls on the PSTN to the CSPS while all outgoing call from the IP Network/CSPS should be forwarded to the PSTN.

E.g.

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern .T

port 3/0:15

dial-peer voice 20 voip

destination-pattern .T

session target ipv4:10.10.10.10

Something like that ! But my guess is that this is like default routing for ip where i cannot have two "default" routes going each in their own direction.

Do anyone have any pointers as to how this can be done ?

Regards

Lasse K. Christiansen

3 Replies 3

ngss
Level 1
Level 1

Your dial peer pots correct (.T)

But for your dial-peer voip, you should have the prefix of E.164 number that being assigned to PRI trunks. That's how the call will be routed to the PRI channel in the first place. If you don't have it, it means that you can only make outgoing call. You may use any priviate extention number in this case.

Hope this helps

Thanks

SSng

Thanks,

We are actually migrating a bunch of numbers(all different) to the CSPS and would really like not to have hundreds of dial-peer voice voip's.

The connected telco will send all the calls (and allow us to present CLID) for all those number directly on our PRI's.

Could i use something like class-of-restriction to say that when the call is coming from the PRI then it must use the .T voip dial-peer as "outgoing" ??

How do any migrate hundreds of different numbers to a GW/CSPS solution (without using SS7).

Regards,

Lasse

adesalu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lasse,

Here is one suggestion. Create a translation rule which matchs any number and then prefixes a digit on to that number (For example prefix a 9). You would then apply this translation rule to your incoming voip dial peer. Then all you would have to do is change your pots dial peer destination pattern to 9T. The 9 would get stripped before the number gets sent to the PSTN. Only caveat is that your incoming numbers can't start with the same digit otherwise you are back in the same boat.

Ademola