Views
Helpful
Replies

Signaling Link Termination Supported Devices :

erhanunver
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am working at a ISP. We are using PGW 2200, 2651XM(Signaling Link Termination), 2800-5400 series(MTP backhaul) and a SBC(non-Cisco device) in our VoIP backbone.As you know, 26XX series devices will be end-of-sale in near future.(Maybe they have already been end-of-sale )  So we are concerned about our backbone's survivablity and redundancy. Because of hardware problems and support issues.

We want to know if we can replace 26XX series with another device which supports standalone SLT.(not integrated SLT.We can't use integrated SLT instead of standalone SLT. It will cause different problems.) For example can we use 28XX instead of 26XX as SLT device wtih a spesific IOS image? If there is a solution, which device and IOS image should i use?

I've read lots of documents about this problem but there is not an information about it. All documents says that we can only use 26XX for SLT. I  So can anyone answer my question please?

Regards,

Erhan

1 Reply 1

You can use 2811 as explained here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/pgw/itp_l/itpl.html#wp1136292

Regards.