cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Phone Device adding a + before dialing extensions

coreybook
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a SIP device that is connected to my UCM 8.0 system and when it calls a number/extension, it always adds a +1 before anything it dials.  I can't seem to figure out how to strip the + off this call as it fails everytime.  I've tried a ringdown with a blank number in the translation pattern to forward to a specific extension, and that doesn't work either.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

+ is a valid diallable digit on cm7+, so you can make your route patterns support that as well, or just put in a translation or something to strip it.

When you type it in a route pattern you have to enter it as \+ so I presume this would be the same for a tx pattern.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

+ is a valid diallable digit on cm7+, so you can make your route patterns support that as well, or just put in a translation or something to strip it.

When you type it in a route pattern you have to enter it as \+ so I presume this would be the same for a tx pattern.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

That did fix the issue.  I created a translation pattern ( \+1.XXXX) where I did a predot strip and now it works fine.  Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: