cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time on phone (DST releated)

rmazzagate
Level 1
Level 1

this past Sunday was originally when DST would end, but the extension is in November. Both my Publisher & Subscriber both kept the correct time, but our phones went back an hour. how do i correct this? I mean, I know we only have a few days till we really change, but I was wondering what might have caused this.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Roy,

Yes the crazy DST issues! This happened to many people for different phone models and firmware along with what patching and OS upgrades were done last Spring. If your problem was only with 3rd generation phones like 7941/7961 then this is likely a firmware issue. The recommendation that Cisco gave last Spring for suggested firmware versions actually didn't work and these phones still need to be reset via ccmadmin to pickup the proper time.

If you let us know what you are running more info can be provided.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi I have the same situation I'm running CCm version 4.1(3)sr4d and the OS version 2000.4.4a with the SR 200.4.4aSR4 adn onli the 7961/41 have the issue.

Franklin

Hi Franklin,

The 7941's and 7961's are Java based and require a firmware upgrade to 8.3 In the interim if you reset these phones via ccmadmin they will pickup the proper time.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ensure that the Device Packs/Phone Firmware/CM Versions are all up to date as per the OCTOBER RECOMMENDATION section of the Field Notice http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a00807e02b1.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: