Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Rule thoughts

samsioe.per-ake
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to fix an translation rule for the shortnumber range 9300-9799. I need to translate them in to fully number 46-31-9... (example 46319300 and 46319779). Is it possible to do this within 1 rule insted of 7 different rules?

It's the calling number that I want to translate.

Regards

Per

5 Replies 5

tbramwe
Level 3
Level 3

Try creating a translation pattern 9[3-7]xx using the phones partition and, in calling party transformations, prefix digits 4631. Calls will run through the translation pattern in the first round of analysis, then again after the digits are added.

HI,

Do you mean I have to do this in the CCM? Is it not possible to do this under the command,

translation-rule 1

Rule 0 xxxx "translates" to yyyy

in my 2821-gateway?

Regards

Per

Per:

Most of the calling party transformations I have done were in CCM due to digit analysis being performed there first. By facilitating this in CCM it is possible to differentiate by partition, as opposed to transforming all calls out a gateway. From the service provider perspective it is best to have primary high and backup connections to the PSTN along with multiple CCM subscribers to maintain availability for customers on the platform. The CCM modification example applies to all matches in analysis, regardless of the gateway they use.

Applying the translation rule at the router would work also, and be beneficial in SRST mode (if CCM is unavailable) for smaller, more localized deployments.

It can be done both ways. Whichever works best for you would be the way to implement it in your environment.

Hope that helps.

Tom

HI Tom,

The problem that I have is that the incoming call don?t go via CCM. The call goes from the PBX in one site 1 via the WAN to another PBX in site 2. So I think I need to configure the rules in the Gateway. I tryed to put "rule 0 9[3-7].. 4631" under the translation rule but get the output: regular expression must be of the form (\^)?(\+)?([0-9,A-F.*%?#]+)$

So maybe I have to do it the hard way and do one rule for all of the short number in the range.

Regards

Per

Per:

I was not aware that you were routing calls though a PBX other than CCM (was not stated earlier). In that case the router seems to be the only logical place the make the transformation.

Try this out

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\9\([3-7]..\)$/ /4\6\3\1\9/

Not sure if it will work in you case, but it was the best rendering to prefix your necessary numbers from the voice translation rule documentation I use.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

Let me know if it works.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: