Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk SIP with Twilio : on Hold state doesn't work

Hi guys,

I set a CUBE to create a trunk sip with Twilio.

* The incoming and outgoing calls work fine.

* call forward works

But I have a issue with the on hold state. 

When you put the call on hold from Cisco Phone, the music on hold is not played and when I resume the call the RTP doesn't work. It's the same behaviour when I need transfert the call and when I need initiate a conference.

I get the CCSIP message and I think that the On hold state is not Interpreted by Twilio.

Below the sip diagram. In yellow the on hold action.

2018-02-23 10_11_01-Call Flow Sequence Diagram.png

In this diagram you can see that Twilio doesn't reply with SDP (RECONLY) and so the CUCM doesn't send with SENDONLY.

I have a workaround, I can set the voice-class sip midcall-signaling passthru media-change on the dial peer. but I think it not a solution in my case because with this command we have a limitation with SRTP-RTP

All guys who work with Twilio, have you an idea why it doesn't work without voice-class sip midcall-signaling passthru media-change command?

Thanks a lot for your input

Sebastien

1 Reply 1

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Who is the MOH source, CUCM or IOS GW ? There are two ways to implement MOH -
1. Set the "c" param in SDP to 0.0.0.0 or,
2. Use the sendonly/recvonly param

The latter is the newer and preferred mechanism but that does not mean that the former won't work.

So in your scenario, there should be a RE-INVITE to stop RTP and then there should be another RE-INVITE containing the IP address of the MOH source. Can you share the pcap here ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: