cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 User Feature Changes

jkosciuk
Level 1
Level 1

We will be migrating from Unity Unified Messaging ver. 4.0(5) to ver. 5.0(1) shortly and I know that there have been a number of enhancements that users will see as a result of this upgrade. The only documentation that I can find that describes the user changes just lists the new features in ver. 5.0(1). Is there one document that will list all of the feature changes from ver. 4.0(5) to ver. 5.0(1) so that I can better the users for this upgrade.

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To my knowledge, there is no one document that would list all of the added features between these two versions. You would simply have to look at the release notes for each version in between and complile a list of all new features. We moved from 4.0(5) to 5.x with minimal pain. The new features are very nice.

Brandon

bbuffin -

Were there any help desk calls after the upgrade? Is there anything we should prep our users for prior to the change?

Very few helpdesk calls. I would recommend sending out an email to your users detailing the changes that will take place. Look at the release notes and include in your email the features that will most impact your users. Be sure to include changes that affect how users will interact with voicemail as well as new features such as Message Monitor and Dropped Call Recovery. Some of these features are not on be default and will need to be configured, so if you advertise the feature, be sure that it is configured and tested when you go live. Overall, Unity 5.0 was very well received by users. We are now testing Unity 7.0.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon -

Thanks for the information. I have reviewed the release notes, but I didn't see anything specific that would change from a user perspective other than if we were to add the new features. Our plan was to perform the upgrade and then test these new features with a pilot group.

So I guess my question is, if we don't explicitly turn on the new features, what user impacting changes would there be?

If you're not turning on the new features, there should be very little impact to your users initially. They will see a few changes, such as a slight change in the way MWIs work (see release notes). I did not detail all of the minor changes in my notification to users.

Brandon

Brandon -

Perfect! Thanks for your informative and quick reply!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: