cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - How do I turn off voicemail message "your mailbox is almost full"?

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

We recently set a mailbox limit on our exchange server. Some users are over the limit until they deuce their mailbox size. When they check their messages via the 7940 "messages" button, they get the message "Your mailbox is almost full?etc" before it will playback their messages. Once they get their mailbox under 90% of the limit the messages will go away. My question is how do I turn off the message? I realize the message is a "good thing", but even if it's a system (all off) setting, please post. I did find how keep outside users that are calling in from hearing that they can't leave a message because the person they're trying to contact has a full mailbox, so that's not what I'm looking for. I?m just trying to find out how to keep the user with the new limit from hearing that every time.

We are running Unity 4.2(1)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can disable this in the registry. This is not a Cisco documented or recommended option. I have done it for customers who were really adament about the notifications.

Here are the steps to do on your Unity server. Again I want to stress I'm not sure if this is Cisco supported but it's a simple change that requires no reboot.

1. Backup your windows registry

2. Open regedit

3. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Active Voice\MalEx\1.0

4. Open the REG_DWORD DisableStatusCheck

5. Change the value from 0 to 1

This should take effect right away. This is a universal system all off for the Unity server only. Exchange is not effected.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

I do not believe there is a way to disable that. The only thing you could do is re-record over the system prompt (WAV) files that have that with a silent second WAV file or something.

You can search under the Prompts folder for prompt.ini files containing text "almost full" and go find the WAV file you are wanting to do something with. The prompt.ini files list each wav file name and what they say. There are a few different prompts that say something about the inbox or mailbox almost being full.

If you do something with these files, they will be replaced and over wrote with any updates you do and not really be supported so make a backup of the files you replace if you decide to go this route.

jamtran
Level 1
Level 1

There is no way to disable this message.

You have no choice but to increase the user's Exchange Mailbox limit size.

James

You can disable this in the registry. This is not a Cisco documented or recommended option. I have done it for customers who were really adament about the notifications.

Here are the steps to do on your Unity server. Again I want to stress I'm not sure if this is Cisco supported but it's a simple change that requires no reboot.

1. Backup your windows registry

2. Open regedit

3. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Active Voice\MalEx\1.0

4. Open the REG_DWORD DisableStatusCheck

5. Change the value from 0 to 1

This should take effect right away. This is a universal system all off for the Unity server only. Exchange is not effected.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Fred

Good find!

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: