Views
Helpful
Replies

Unknown Number when dialing through CCME

leoroch_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have been experiencing a problem when placing calls through an CCME 4.0(2), on 3825 - 12.4(11)T:

- Internal calls works fine;

- Outside calls works fine, but after some time working good, sometimes it doesn't complete the call and returns Unknown Number message on ip phone display. The uncompleted calls volume goes increasing until people get nervous (like 5 tries to get 1 call complete) that we reload the router and everything gets ok again, and the process start again, approximatelly in 1-2 weeks it will be necessary reload again.

Do you have any idea what can cause this problem?

Thanks for your attention guys!

Leo.

5 Replies 5

noc-au
Level 1
Level 1

it could the CPU of the Router or you have a bug in the IOS. i would recommend to upgrade the IOS to 12.4 (19b)

Thanks for your reply.

Good idea to upgrade the IOS. The cpu is so low, never above 5-8%.

Have you ever used this ios version (12.4-19b)? Is it working well?

Regards!

leoroch_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

By the way, this version you recommend (12.4-19b) doesnt contain CCME recent version according CCO Feature Navigator (only CCME 3.0 and 3.2). Am I right?

yeah you are right, but you can always upgrade the CME to the lasted versions.

yeah i have used this version before and it works well

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but the CME files available for download at CCO are not IOS version specific? I can see: CME (version) for IOS (version) when I try.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: