cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vic2-2FXS not establishing call anymore

ruben.garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have been using for a couple of year VoiP using a 1760 Cisco Router, configured with 2 VIC2-2FXS. Current IOS 12.4(10a). PVDM-256K=

Everything was woking fine during a long time, but just a week ago, the service is not working as it is supposed to work. If somebody from another location dial my Dial Peer number, the routers detects the call, but the phone doesn't ring. If I try to make a call to any dial peer, the router detects the call, I get the Dial Tone, but them I receive a busy tone.

The communication lines are OK, no changes in the configuration were made, just stop establishing the call.

What could be happening?. Maybe an IOS upgrade could solve the problem?.  What could cause this behavior?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

ruben.garcia
Level 1
Level 1

I have updated the IOS to c1700-ipvoicek9-mz.124-25b but  the issue still persist.

Any help would be appreciated.

ruben.garcia
Level 1
Level 1

I have solved this issue. I usually specified the codec in the dial peer definition. For any reason, when the call was established, it was not taking the correct codec. I just deleted the line where I specified the codec and when I try to make a call now everyting is ok.