Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Gateway Name Changes

Hello,

I am in the process of renaming my router which is running MGCP for our voice environment.  We are currently running version 8.6.2.22900-9 of Call Manager.  I know this will affect Call Manager and voice activity.  Does anyone have any ideas of the areas that will need to be changed to point Call Manager to the new name of the router?  So far I see two areas that need to be change.  Below are the areas that I see.

1.  Under Device Gateway has an entry

2. And also under endpoints I see the reference to the gateway two times.

Also I do need to know if I will need to restart MGCP ror any other services to reset everything.  I just didnt want to go into this blind sided.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

If your router is MGCP, all you have to do is to verify the output from "show ccm-manager" after renaming the GW. Once you have the new MGCP Domain Name, go to CUCM, Device>Gateway choose the Gateway in question, and update the Domain name:

And yes, you'll have to reset the MGCP GW on CUCM after doing the Domain Name change.

HTH

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.