Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Voip Call transfer from one Cisco Router to other

Scenario:-

This is a call centre scenario, with two VOIP Cisco 3745 gateways with PRI ports.The agents are on local Lan.

Whenever the agent makes an outbound call it will land in one of the gateways,the outbound call should hunt for a free channel from the first Pri line, if all channels are busy, it should go to the secong Pri line and so on.If all the Pri lines are busy the call should be forwarded by this gateway to other via ethernet connectivity assuming both the gateways can reach other via ethernet and again hunting for a free channel in the Pri should start.

Now for the call forwarding for one gateway to other in the above scenario, do I need a special IOS.

Somebody suggested I should have a IP-IP gateway IOS.

Presently I have c3745-js-mz.122-8.T10.bin IOS.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Voip Call transfer from one Cisco Router to other

I understand that you want to implement IP-IP Gateway solution using the special IOS image for it. I believe, that the IP-IP Gateway solution for such scenarios wouldnt work as Cisco IP-IP gateways can either function as an IP-IP or IP-POTS gateways. They *cannot* switch an IP-POTS call to IP-IP. One thing you could try is allow the CallManager to do the routing decision instead of the gateways. By configuring the route groups and route lists you can allow the CCM itself to decide which gateway to choose to route the call. Alternatively, using a gatekeeper would also be a solution for this scenario.

Re: Voip Call transfer from one Cisco Router to other

More specifically, the route list can specify a list of gateways. CCM will try the first router on the list, if it returns an error (ie, all PRI's busy) it will try and place the call out the second gateway, and so on. No special intelligence required in the router.

Note this is equally applicable for an H.323 or SIP call control product communicating with Cisco gateways, not just CCM. (I exclude MGCP because then the MGCP controller knows in advance exactly which ports are in use and so won't try to place a call when no ports are available.)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content