cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP to cell phone "loud noise" issue

treeves
Level 1
Level 1

Several of my users are complaining about hearing a "loud noise (sounds like a modem picking up)" when an external person places a call to the campus and the VoIP system  using Single Number Reach (SNR) forwards to their cell phone.  The problem started about 3 months ago and it is getting worse.  All the user have company provided iphone 5s.  The 'loud noise" usually happens after 5 minutes and it seems to happen to the some users more than others.  I get dozens of calls each day but I have only had it happen to me once.  

We are running CUCM 10.5 (but was happening on CUCM 8.5 also). We use PRI for connectivity to the PSTN.  Is this a internal VoIP issue, a gateway DSP issue, PRI service provider issue or wireless cellphone issue?  Any body else seeing this same or like issue? 

2 Replies 2

henry.ola_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are experiencing the same exact issue at the present time. We are running MGCP on the Gateways, CUCM 10.5, and PRI for connectivity to the PSTN . I would like to know if you have resolved this issue and if so can you provide steps taken to mitigate it.

Thanks

Try to force a voice codec, e.g. G.711, disable comfort-noise, disable silence suppression, update DSP firmware.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: