Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

vwic-1mft-t1 doesn't work, need help

Hello everyone

I was trying to install this card into the NM-HDV as well as the wic slot of a 2621xm, but always got the following error message:

%E1T1_MODULE-3-INITFAILURE: Slot 1, Unit 0 initialization failure - Firmware Download

%E1T1_MODULE-3-INITFAILURE: Slot 1, Unit 0 initialization failure - FPGA & Firmware Download

I guess I have bought a bad card, but not sure, I need your opinion on this. And also, is there any chance to fix this problem besides buying a new card, like type in some CLI commands? no?

Please help. Thank you.

SSLIN

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: vwic-1mft-t1 doesn't work, need help

These errors indicate faulty hardware - the cards have a CPU on them as well as a programmable gate array and it looks like the router was not able to get any response from them.

You need a replacement card. If you have a maintenance contract, open a TAC service request for a RMA.

Re: vwic-1mft-t1 doesn't work, need help

Hi, Paul

Thank you for the good explaination. Now I'm sure that I have a bad card. Unfortunately, I don't have any kind of contract with Cisco. The only option for me is to buy another used card from ebay and hope this time I get a good, functional card. Anyway, your reply is really helpful for me. Thank you.

regards

SSLIN

Views
Helpful
Replies