cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Welcome to the Voice over IP Discussion

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Connection Service Provider Forum. This conversation will provide you the opportunity to discuss issues surrounding Voice over IP. We encourage everyone to share their knowledge and start conversations on issues such as VoIP Transport, VoIP Access, Managed Voice Services, H.323, SIP, VXML, MGCP, SS7 and any other topic concerning Voice over IP.

Remember, just like in the workplace, be courteous to your fellow forum participants. Please refrain from using disparaging or obscene language or posting advertisements.

We encourage you to tell your fellow networking professionals about the site. If you would like us to send them a personal invitation simply send their names and e-mail addresses along with your name to us at np-moderator@external.cisco.com.

9 Replies 9

ebicakci
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to conigure a phone to auto-dial on Cisco 2600 series using FXS ..? Thanks

Hi,

Yes, you can use the "connection plar" statement under the voice port

for auto-dial.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/signalling/plar_config.html

Thanks,

Chinh

deswardt
Level 1
Level 1

Can you confirm if the PIX & CSS supports IP Precedence

louham
Level 1
Level 1

Has anybody incorporated a Witness Remote Service Observation across a WAN?

vens
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to thisForum infact to VOIP technology.I have small requirement.

I just want to know wether the VOip router can route the calls to specific interface of its own based on destination phone number.

For example : E1 comming from telephone exchange is connected to Voip router. Is there any way router can route the calls to some other interface of its based on destination phone number.

If call destined for let say 45001 then router shud route this call to one of its other interface and if the call destined for say 65001 router shud route it some other interface.

Is it possible.

U r help is highly appreciated .bear with me i am new to voip

Thanks

Vens

This is easily done with dial peer statements . The dial peer in your originating router must route the calls to the terminating router first. That would look like :

dial-peer voice xxxxx voip ( the xxxxx is just a tag)

destination-pattern 45... (that would route any 5-digit calls beginning with 45)

session-target ipv4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (ip address of the terminating router)

If digitones are to be dialed after the connection is established, use the statement:

dtmf-relay-h.245-alphanumeric

You could also use a statement to specify the codec to be used:

codec g711ulaw

You would need multiple voip dial peers if the calls were going to different routers based on the dialed digits. If all calls are sent to the same terminating router, use all wild cards in the dest-pattern statement.

At the terminating router configure pots dial peers:

dial-peer voice xxxxx pots

dest-pattern 45...

port x/x (whichever port the call is to be terminated on)

prefix 45 (this re-inserts matched digits which are stripped off by the pots dp)

Repeat for other ports which will receive calls.

Paul

I am trying to quickly get up to speed with an existing configuration of a 3640 VoiP gateway which was controlled by a Gatekeeper in a foreign zone; I would like some advice as to the feasibility of using the internal GK functionality of the 3640 to manage 3 other gateways (5300, 5400 and 3640) and pass traffic from each one of those through this remote 3640 with PRI's ; also can someone tell me how to translate the dialled numbers from say 011xyz to be re originated as 001xyz ;

Thanks in advance

Mich

FYI,

Yes , the router can with the use dial-peers and either loopback interfaces

or serial interfaces.

Kevin

Hi All,

Me also new to VOIP. So, trying to get some info's.

where do I get some solid and brief information regarding VOIP infrastructure and implementation.

thanks

richard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: