cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What VoIP equipment do i need ?

sorelzzz_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

What equipment do i need to create a SMB voip network , there are 3 locations , 1 of them with 100 ip phones + 100 PC , 2'nd location with 50 phones and 30 PC, and the last locationa has only 2-3 phones , no PC. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, that would need one 2851 and one 2821 (minimum) with CCME bundle. At the third location you can place a 1861 or smaller router, with the phones being controlled by one of the two other systems. You can use a centralized CUE for ease of maintenance. In reality, you could even host all the phones under a single CCME, but on link failure and no backup, you would have no phone service.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

i was thinking of this setup : location 1 ( 100 phones,100pc,no wifi ) - 2851 + 5xCatalyst Express 520-24PC | location 2 ( 50 phones , 30 pc , wifi ) : unified communications 500 series + 2xcatalyst express 520-24pc {that's 48 phone's if i'm corect , i can spare 2 phones ) + 3x521 express access point + 526 express mobility controller | location 3 : for this loc i was thinking a PIX and 2 phones conected to loc1 via VPN

Hi,

sure you can do that. For the third location a small router like 87x can be better than a PIX so you would have an all IOS config.

Thanks for the rating and good luck!

At location 1 i also have 2 internet conections, does the 2851 support load balancing ? or suggest a router that does that. I was thinking to implement a dual "unified communications 500 series + 2xcatalyst express 520-24pc " solution at location 1 , so i can use each ISP line with one router , can i interconect the two o of them without problems ?

If i use PIX and VPN to connect workers at home ( 1 phone ) in diferent locations, will this be limited o to the unified communication 500 series number of users , that's 48 with the switches ? For example 40 phones at the office and 8 phone in diferent location each , conected via VPN to the office .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: