Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Which Swithes for voice

Hello friends,

My company is going to setup a new network on the second flour. The total number of nodes will be 170. We are going to setup ip telephony there for a project of inbond call centre, which is a process of listning incoming calls. we want to deploy cisco switches there for connectivity. I need some knowledge about the switches, which switches i have to use from Catalyst 2950 and Catalyst Express 500 and also give the reason why.

Please do me a favor.

Thanks

Harvinder Dhot

1 REPLY

Re: Which Swithes for voice

Hello,

the two major concerns with VoIP and switches are: Quality of Service (QoS) and Power over Ethernet (PoE). Every Cisco Switch starting with 2950, 2960 etc. is coming with the needed QoS features. PoE is different, because you need to calculate the power required for the phones first. Then you can determine which amount of switches you will need. PoE adds also to telephony availability and should be implemented.

So 3560, 3750 would be options as well in case you need more features and ports.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content