Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Will this work?

What I need to do is extend a T-1 of voice to a remote site. What I envision is a 2621 with the T-1 of DID lines at one side, then a wireless connection to the other site where there is another 2621 with a T-1 interface to a PBX.

And, we would like this to be managed by a SIP server.

Will this work? How do I configure this? Any pitfalls I need to know about?

Thanks

• Voice over IP
3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Will this work?

When you say extend the T1 do you want to transparent CCS, in other words any proprietary information you want to pass.

I am assuming since you mention DID's that you will have a Telco circuit, probably a pri terminating on the 2621 an then route it voice over ip to the other 2621 and have it terminate it to the PBX.

This should work just fine. If you want a sip server to handle this, then depending on what kind of server you implement. Either a proxy server or a redirect server would both work. A new feature called tgrep has been introduced which can be configured to allow the 2621 router to register its prefixes with the sip proxy server, which was not possible earlier. You can also configure static routes in the proxy server for the dialplan.

Hope this helps.

Re: Will this work?

Exactly correct. It's going to be a PRI of DiDs, I don't care about anything that's non-standard. Could you help me out and point me to some documents that explain how I would do this? I'm really bad at seaching your site.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.