Views
Helpful
Replies

CAN I CONFIGURE VOIP WITH E1 PRI LINK?

NelsonCBN
Level 1
Level 1

Good day all,

Please I need help on this. I have an E1 link on my UC 560 router with voice configured on it. But i want to use VoIP with my softphones. How do I configure VoIP on my router? I mean can I use VoIP with E1? And how do I go about configuring the router again? Please, I need urgent response.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

pierrescotland
Level 1
Level 1

I thikn you need to be more clear about what you are trying to achieve.  UC560 is a VoIP system and softphones can be used just like normal IP phones, simply install Cisco IP communicator and set-up like any other phone.

If you mean you want to use a SIP provider, then that is of course possible too, but would depend on your Internet connection and how it's connected to the UC560.   An E1 card is a VOICE interface, not IP. 

You can use the WAN port to connect to an ethernet Internet link, or route via the LAN to an external router (like ADSL router).

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to configure VPN for your remote users. There are many threads on the subject, you can search.

Alternatively you can hire a reputable/certfied Cisco partner to do that for you.