cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Floating Extension Labels

Jeff
Level 1
Level 1

In previous versions of CCA I was able to use First and/or Last names in the floating extension dialog box to put labels on buttons.

Now I am setting up a new phone system using CCA 3.2, and I do not get consistent or the desired labels.

On a 525G, the label states "*** CCA Floating Extension ***"

On a 7916 Expansion Module it just states the extension, no other words. 

Looking in the running config, I do see the *** CCA Floating Extension *** as a description:

ephone-dn  241

number 5112 no-reg primary

description *** CCA Floating Extension ***

name Parts Department

call-forward all 5012

!

I am using the floating extensions to provide buttons for blast groups and paging access.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jeff,

Try the following if you can

ephone-dn  241

label

name Parts Department

call-forward all 5012

No promises though that this will not effect CCA 3.2, I have not used this version yet and am unaware of any draw backs that certain CLI configurations may do.

However I do know in previous version you were able to set a description and label for them in the user configuration section, if this has been removed it would be interesting to know why.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jeff,

Try the following if you can

ephone-dn  241

label

name Parts Department

call-forward all 5012

No promises though that this will not effect CCA 3.2, I have not used this version yet and am unaware of any draw backs that certain CLI configurations may do.

However I do know in previous version you were able to set a description and label for them in the user configuration section, if this has been removed it would be interesting to know why.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks David, 

That seems to work.  CCA 3.2 shows the label I put in, so I am hoping it will not corrupt or cause other problems in CCA.

Now if they could put back or make a CCA method to use labels on floating extensions so we can keep out of CLI like they ask...

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I haven't seen CCA 3.2 yet, but if they did remove the ability to assign a

floating extension a label/description, then the person who made the

decision and the developers who wrote the code need to be shamed... This

would have to be yet another "Stupid" mistake that just does my head in.

Part of the reason I had to take a break from working with the UC's is

because of all these small decisions they made without realizing the impact

of them, drove me nuts, it also made life harder for me as a engineer

deploying these on a daily basis - some days it felt like you were pushing

cr*p up hill all because of a seemingly simple thing that had wide reaching

repercussions.

Here's to hoping they revert some of those stupid decisions in 3.2.1

Cheers,

David Trad

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

On Mar 28, 2012 6:41 AM, "Jeff@LANmanage.com" <