Views
Helpful
Replies

UC5XX Wake up call / Reminder feature

MVermeulen2006
Level 1
Level 1

Good day all.

I have a client who is looking to use a UC540 in a Hotel environment.

They have requested a feature to use for automated Wake up calls.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. The feature will need to be relatively simple to use as the guests will not be experts on the system,

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marius Vermeulen

8 Replies 8

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Marius,

EXCELLENT!!! This is a top notch request, and it can be used in other scenarios as well does not have to be hotels on their own

I vote on this one as well

They could incorporate this into Office Manager so it can be setup VIA the GUI and they just add extensions in on a particular wake up time or allocate individual times to an extension, So group calling with the same message "Good Morning, This is your Requested wake up call, the time is 00:00 - Your next call will be at 00:00" or something like that or individualized calls using the same prompt.

If the IOS still does Cron Jobs they could potentially use that but the CUE would be far better suited for it.

I love this request

Cheers.

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I am listening too.  I like the emoticons used profusely (brightens up my days) :-)

We dont have a full blown hospitality feature set and perhaps something like this may be doable

I will forward the request to the Office Manager Development Team and the CUE Team as well.

Steve

Hi,

also add that it would be nice to have a script to listen on a extension and allows you to insert or delete the alarm time directly from phone .

Excellent application beyond its use for hotels, you can use it to wake up an employee sleeping on the office desk

Perhaps with a plus: without ringing the phone but by sending a broadcast music (If your phone supports it)!

Arturo.

CHRIS YEO
Level 1
Level 1

Back in the day, this could have been accomplished using IPCelerate IPSmartSuite...  But that product seems to be gone now.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have developed a TCL/IVR script for the purpose: "Alarm", can be acquired on www.ciscoscripts.com

In the current version, it does not have an admin interface, and alarms can be set only from the corresponding phone.

Thanks for the reply. Please let me know how easy it would be for a person to use / Activate the feature.

My customer will need to be sure that this will be sufficient for their needs.

Thanks

As easy as dialing the service number, entering the desired time in 24h format, and hang up.

rmccoy
Level 1
Level 1

You might try Wake Up Easy.  Its SIP based and should work.

http://www.sipservices.gr/web2/sipvoip-wake-up-call-application-for-your-ipbpx.html