cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

524G Says Initializing Network

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

The 524G never says anything else but initializing network.  I am not sure if it ever worked.  It is connected to a UC500.  I tried entering the phone in the CCA but that did not make a difference.

9 Replies 9

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The initializing message is displayed by the phone while it performs a DHCP DISCOVER and is waiting for a DHCP OFFER from a DHCP server.

Verify that the UC500 has a DHCP server available on the network port that the phone is connected to.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Could it be that your DHCP server does not have an available IP addresses for this phone?

Try factory resetting the phone.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

The phone is connected directly to the UC500.  There are 5 or 6 other phones connected that are working.  If I plug another 524G to that same cable, that 524G works.

Thanks for the response.

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

How do you factory reset the phone?

Hi,

Factory reset as follows:

1. Setup button [looks like an open book]
  2. 7 [Factory Reset]
  3. Select soft button
  4. OK soft button

Regards,

Patrick

----------

No luck after factory default.   Still same message.   Is there any way to get different software to the phone?  It has 8.1.7.  I have 8.1.13 I could put on there.

Even on the software it has, it should be possible for the phone to get an IP. Could you collect the following:

- debug ip dhcp server events

while you reset the phone?

Thanks,

Marcos

I will collect the debug next time I am in the office.

Interestingly enough, when I changed the phone from DHCP to a static IP, I had the same problem.  It never makes it past initializing network.

Hi,

I am having the same problem with a 521 S. i just uploaded my case onto the following link:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/42362#42362

I don't want to replicate my case on this post also, to avoid spamming. But i would really appreciate a response from you.

Thanks..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: