Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

7921 wireless phone prompts for voicemail password

I have 3 wired ip-phones connected to our UC520 and they can all access their Voicemail by pressing the message button on the phone, and the system doesn’t ask them for a password.

But our one user who has the wireless Cisco 7921 phone gets prompted to enter his voicemail password anytime he accesses his voicemail button on that phone. Why does this only happen on this phone and how can I make it so it doesn't prompt him for the password each time?

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: 7921 wireless phone prompts for voicemail password

Hi Trevor,

By default all mailboxes are configured to prompt password for voicemail access. This can be disabled using "login pinless" feature. Please note that this feature is currently not supported through CCA and requires CLI access into CUE. You can session into CUE by first doing a telnet to the UC 500 and then executing "service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session".

You can then look at the running config on CUE and ensure that the 7921 is configured with pinless login. There are two ways to configure pinless login. I have included an example of each below:

voicemail mailbox owner "fxsa" size 775
login pinless any-phone-number
end mailbox

voicemail mailbox owner "fxsb" size 775
login pinless subscriber-phone-numbers
end mailbox

Thanks,

Saurabh

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Hi Trevor,

By default all mailboxes are configured to prompt password for voicemail access. This can be disabled using "login pinless" feature. Please note that this feature is currently not supported through CCA and requires CLI access into CUE. You can session into CUE by first doing a telnet to the UC 500 and then executing "service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session".

You can then look at the running config on CUE and ensure that the 7921 is configured with pinless login. There are two ways to configure pinless login. I have included an example of each below:

voicemail mailbox owner "fxsa" size 775
login pinless any-phone-number
end mailbox

voicemail mailbox owner "fxsb" size 775
login pinless subscriber-phone-numbers
end mailbox

Thanks,

Saurabh

Community Member

Thank you, that worked perfectly! I tried setting the PIN to blank in the CUI web GUI, but then the phone made me set a new password. the CLI option works great.

Community Member

You are welcome. Glad I could help out :)

-Saurabh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content