cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7921g IP phone remotely?

leealanmoreau
Level 1
Level 1

I have the Cisco 7921g wifi phone which is really cool works really well on Wifi with the UC500.  I notice it talks about USB, and when I connect it to my Mac it appears as a network interface.  Tried scanning the manual, but just wanted to clarify there's no way to use this phone remotely as a soft phone if connected to VPN is there?  Like not with wifi, but like if I connect on my Mac using IPSec VPN or on Windows, I can't connect this phone to my PC and use it as a soft phone instead of IP Communicator can I?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. Cisco wireless phones use USB for configuration only, and it's even possible to avoid using it altogether.

All voice connectivity happens over WLAN.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No. Cisco wireless phones use USB for configuration only, and it's even possible to avoid using it altogether.

All voice connectivity happens over WLAN.

That's what I figured but thought I'd check as that would have been handy instead of using the communicator.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: