Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.
New Member

8.1 / CCA 3.0 Update (More again)

So I am near the end of the setup of a new 560, and the problem I have is that the 7937's are not functioning properly.

So here is the scenario.

1) I plug in the 7937 and it fires up, with no extension.

2) I go and program in the extension through cca, and it goes good

3) Phone resets, comes up with Updating Locale, then reset's the phone - endless loop.

To get it out of the endless loop cycle, I go into the ITS directory and delete the .cnf.xml file, then it boots up and registers fine.

So now.. this isn't that cool, but I need to have this working, pretty well right away, and my 24x7 coverage on the 560 has not been put through.

Here is the contents of that file.

<device>
<versionStamp>{Jan 01 2002 00:00:00}</versionStamp>
<ipAddressMode>0</ipAddressMode>
<allowAutoConfig>false</allowAutoConfig>
<devicePool>
<dateTimeSetting>
<dateTemplate>Y/M/D</dateTemplate>
<timeZone>Canada Central Standard Time</timeZone>
</dateTimeSetting>
<callManagerGroup>
<members>
<member  priority="0">
<callManager>
<ports>
<ethernetPhonePort>2000</ethernetPhonePort>
</ports>
<processNodeName>10.1.1.1</processNodeName>
</callManager>
</member>
</members>
</callManagerGroup>
</devicePool>
<commonProfile>
<callLogBlfEnabled>2</callLogBlfEnabled>
</commonProfile>
<loadInformation>apps37sccp.1-3-4-0</loadInformation>
<userLocale>
<name>User_Define_5</name>
<langCode>en_US</langCode>
<winCharSet>utf-8</winCharSet>
</userLocale>
<networkLocale>User_Define_5</networkLocale>
<networkLocaleInfo>
<name>User_Define_5</name>
</networkLocaleInfo>
<idleTimeout>0</idleTimeout>
<authenticationURL>http://10.1.10.1/voiceview/authentication/authenticate.do</authenticationURL>
<directoryURL>http://10.1.1.1:80/localdirectory</directoryURL>
<idleURL></idleURL>
<informationURL></informationURL>
<messagesURL></messagesURL>
<proxyServerURL></proxyServerURL>
<servicesURL>http://10.1.1.1:80/CMEserverForPhone/serviceurl</servicesURL>
<dscpForSCCPPhoneServices>0</dscpForSCCPPhoneServices>
<dscpForCm2Dvce>96</dscpForCm2Dvce>
<vendorConfig>
<videoCapability>1</videoCapability>
<ehookenable>1</ehookenable>
</vendorConfig>
<capfAuthMode>0</capfAuthMode>
<capfList>
<capf>
<phonePort>3804</phonePort>
<processNodeName></processNodeName>
</capf>
</capfList>
<deviceSecurityMode>1</deviceSecurityMode>
</device>

Everyone's tags (3)
6 REPLIES
New Member

Re: 8.1 / CCA 3.0 Update (More again)

Hi Chris,

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I am seeing exactly the same issue with UC560, software pack 8.1.0 and 7937 phones. I have 2 here that do exactly the same thing. If I remove the extension (ephone-dn) from within CCA, they register just fine. As soon as I add the extension back again, they go back to the permanent "Updating Locale....Resetting...." loop.

Ian

New Member

Re: 8.1 / CCA 3.0 Update (More again)

Ian,

Yeah, there has been no response.  I haven't followed up with the SBSC yet either.  Hopefully next week I can put in a call.

Thanks!

Chris

New Member

Re: 8.1 / CCA 3.0 Update (More again)

I'm raising a case on this, will let you know the outcome.

New Member

Re: 8.1 / CCA 3.0 Update (More again)

Ian,

Did you get a response on this?

Thanks!

New Member

Re: 8.1 / CCA 3.0 Update (More again)

I got a response back, along the same lines as Kelli's. As this installation was in the UK, we would ideally use the UK/GB locale. This was resolved with the following:

telephony-service

no create cnf-file

no user-locale U4 load CME-locale-en_GB-English-8.1.2.1.tar

no user-locale 4 U5 load CME-locale-en_US-English-8.1.2.1.tar

no network-locale U4

no network-locale 4 U5

user-locale US

network-locale GB

create cnf-file

The create cnf-file step is significant to re-create the phones' configuration files, which will require a reset of all phones.

Hope this helps,

Ian

New Member

Re: 8.1 / CCA 3.0 Update (More again)

I ran into this problem as well, and I put in a TAC case.  This is what I was told:

With software release 8.1.0, there is a typo in the config that will not allow a 7937 conference phone register. To fix this you must add the following config:

telephony-service
network-locale us
user-locale us

It works fine now.

1357
Views
5
Helpful
6
Replies
CreatePlease to create content