Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8.1 / CCA 3.0 Update

Hi Guys,

Here are some things that I would like to see changed:

1) Ability to disble dhcp on the data lan - lots of small business customers have dhcp running off an existing server, which in the case of Windows, it 'needs' to be the dhcp server in order to update dns.

2) If you setup the UC500 on a ip address (outside of .1), then the dhcp scope cannot disable the dhcp scope from 1 to the ip address of the UC.

3) You cannot disable the wan.  If there is an existing gateway that we are going to keep.

4) You cannot set a default route to the existing gateway.

5) You cannot setup a normal button label to have brackets ().  I personally like to use <Name> (Ext) - Like Chris (200)

6) When setting up a PRI, it doesn't add 'isdn supp-service name calling', we require this for name display to function properly.

7) You cannot (or I can't find) the way to do the bulk-speed-dial ( bulk-speed-dial list 1 flash:/speeddial/speeddial.csv).  I think this should be added as well.  I find this more valuable than the system speed dial.

I guess that's about it for right now.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Everyone's tags (2)
6 REPLIES

Re: 8.1 / CCA 3.0 Update

Hi Chris,
during the update to 8.1 CCA3.0 formatted the flash memory, but the bulk-speed-dial file is not restored after that. Bulk-spped-dial list command in the telephony-service section is missing too. I have copied the file again via TFTP and re-enabled by CLI. It works perfectly.

Best Regards

Maurycy

Just want to be sure that you know CCA 3.0 will create system speed dial (Speeddial.xml {not .csv}) and places it on flash.

I believe that file is restored.  perhaps cause your using something custom????

Steve,

Would I be able to go #100 to dial item number 00... the bulk speed dial works like this (here is a sample example):

00,913065551212,IRS

01,913065551213,IRS2

Now from the phone, I can dial #100 or #101 and it will speed dial this number, and I won't have to scroll through the list.

Thanks!

Hi Maurycy,

The problem is that Cisco support will not support using ANY cli... so if you have a problem and it is because of CLI, they are not going to help you.  That is the new mantra as of Jan 1.  So that's why I would like to have it included in the CCA.

Thanks!

6) When setting up a PRI, it doesn't add 'isdn supp-service name calling', we require this for name display to function properly.

CCA  configures this on the interface only if primary-ni switch type is selected. 

Adding this configuration to the UI is on the list of new features for CCA 3.1 and we are currently planning to support it.

1)  Ability to disble dhcp on the data lan - lots of small business  customers have dhcp running off an existing server, which in the case of  Windows, it 'needs' to be the dhcp server in order to update dns.

2)  If you setup the UC500 on a ip address (outside of .1), then the dhcp  scope cannot disable the dhcp scope from 1 to the ip address of the UC.

Both 1) and 2) are planned to be supported in CCA 3.1 when we will allow to set-up an external DHCP server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content