Views
Helpful
Replies

Access voice mail for blast group

Chris Foot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to the UC500 so please bear with me. I have setup a blast group on our system and I am trying to work out how to access the voice mail for it. Is it possible to access this from a phone? The username is blast1 but I can't work out how to enter this from the phone keypad, am I missing something obvious? I would also like to change this to a personal mailbox but when I click the mailbox in CCA I don't get any option to change the settings, only options for the buttons. It briefly flashes up a screen which looks like I'm going to be able to edit it but it goes away virtually instantly!

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Chris,

By default you CCA will create a group voicemail. This voicemail will be available for every member of the blast group when they log into their personal voicemail and choose option 9 they can choose every group voicemail box to which they are members of.

If you wish to add personal voicemail you may create a voicemail for a floating extension and then add as a final to the blast group you may forward to e.g 6208. where "6" is the forwarding prefix for voicemail and 208 is the floating extension number.

This way if nobody answeres the blast group the call will be forwarded to this personal voicemail.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello Chris,

By default you CCA will create a group voicemail. This voicemail will be available for every member of the blast group when they log into their personal voicemail and choose option 9 they can choose every group voicemail box to which they are members of.

If you wish to add personal voicemail you may create a voicemail for a floating extension and then add as a final to the blast group you may forward to e.g 6208. where "6" is the forwarding prefix for voicemail and 208 is the floating extension number.

This way if nobody answeres the blast group the call will be forwarded to this personal voicemail.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

Hi Alex,

Ok, I understand, that'll work perfectly for us. Thank you so much for the speedy help!

Thanks

Chris

Hello Chris,

I am glad to hear that now this is fine.

Thank you for the feedback and the rating!

Have a great day!

Best regards,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: