cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Acoustic Noise

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Looking at the quickstart guide it seems like there's a fan - is that correct?

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Stephan,

I have looked inside the unit and there was no fan, it would seem that these units have the side outlets for a fan but nothing inside of it

But from what i can see they are well ventilated anyway, a fan at this stage to me does not seem warranted, even when I managed to get the thing pretty hot it was able to cool down pretty quick.

Just make sure the unit is stored in a well ventilated place without anything placed on top of it, as it turns out the chassis is also its heat sink as well

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

If you hear a clicking sound on the UC320, it is more than likely the relays that are flipping during a reboot. This is quite normal.

mmonday
Level 1
Level 1

We (Cisco) actually designed the UC320 in particular to be fan-less, so it could sit in an office environment ( or wall mount) and not contribute to the background noise of the office.  We felt many small businesses do not have adequate wiring closets and since the UC320 also has N based wireless, we want it to be able to sit where we could achieve maximum wireless coverage.

Mark