Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding additional FX0 ports on uc540 via gateways

Hi,

Our sales rep has sold a UC540W-BRI-K9 to a customer but the customer doesn't have any BRI connections, they use PSTN lines.

The issue is that they have 7 PSTN lines. We can purchase a 4 port FXO interface card but it's not enough to connect all the PSTN lines because the UC540 has only one expansion port..

I guess the only option is to purchase a gateway device to allow the additional FXO.

My question is, which media Gateway is supported on the UC540 via CCA programming?

I know that SPA8800 is supported on the UC540 with the new software pack but it's only for the FXS ports.

Are there any other devices?

Regards

Raymond

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Where are you lcoated? The best choice would be have teclo to conver analog line to BRI ?

That will give them better call quality and many features.

Other than that for FXO you have buy a small cisco router and configure it somehow.

I'm located in Australia. Converting analog to BRI is not a good choice for us because the customer will pay higher call rates.

I guess the easiest way out is to replace the UC540W-BRI-K9 with a UC540W-FXO-K9 and order the additional 4 port FXO interface card.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Or you can switch to a SIP ITSP and stop paying telco altogether.

Re: Adding additional FX0 ports on uc540 via gateways

Hi,

I am looking for possible solutions for adding an additional FXO line to a UC540 as well.  Mine already has the additional VIC2-4FXO module and all FXO ports are used.  From reading the Manuals, Release Notes, and Forums, it sounds like the 8800 will only support additional FXS ports.  I have not found a solid answer as to why that is.  It seems like it would be a hardware/platform overload issue for the UC540 to support more than 8 FXO lines.  Is this assumption accurate or is there something we can do about it? 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content