Views
Helpful
Replies

Administration via PSTN

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I got a question from one of my colleagues about administration through PSTN. Other PBX vendors we sell and support has the possibility to have a BRI or FXO on the PBX to let us administer the PBX from our office. In some of our deployments we are not able to get connected to the UC through the WAN interface and it would be great if it was possible to administer the UC via the BRI,FXO or PRI interface on the UC.

Thanks,

Eivind

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Voice ports on the UC500 do not support modem dialin. You can connect a modem to the Console port and get remote access that way.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

Pretty much any modem should work. here is a config example with US Robotics:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a00800941c9.shtml

You will need to connect your computer to a phone line via a built in model or something like that. unless of course, you can find that service you describe.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Voice ports on the UC500 do not support modem dialin. You can connect a modem to the Console port and get remote access that way.

Thanks,

Marcos

Any modem models that´s supported or recommended???

Never administrated the UC using this solution so I´m wondering how to solve this...

Does anyone know if there´s a service running on the web which I can use to access a PSTN line (i.e. use the dialin) or do I have to connect my computer to a PSTN line to connect to the modem attached to the console port???

Thanks,

Eivind

Pretty much any modem should work. here is a config example with US Robotics:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a00800941c9.shtml

You will need to connect your computer to a phone line via a built in model or something like that. unless of course, you can find that service you describe.

Thanks,

Marcos

Thanks,

Regards

Eivind

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: