cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Another brand camera on a SPA525G

e.vanlaarejvl
Level 1
Level 1

We've a Cisco 2300 camera with video monitoring on a SPA525G, it works fantastic.

Is there a possibility that another brand of camera that working with the SPA525G, for example, Panasonic, Acti or something?

For example, we've a customor with a IP Camera (not a Cisco) that support RTSP, his quetion is of this camera works on the SPA525G video monitoring.

I can't find any information about this subject, can someone tell me if this is possible?

In advance thanks.

6 Replies 6

Sven.WieseSolty
Level 1
Level 1

We expierenced: NO. We tried f.e. a video cam WCV210, which is also a cisco (ex linksys) product. We didn't get it to work. It seems that the phone is not only looking for the right protocol rtsp, it also looks for the right streaming file jpegvideo.sav and probably path. If there is a camera out which has the same output path, it's maybe possible.

See also discussion SPA525G and WCV210

Sven

Is there a Cisco analoque to IP  converter that support the RTsP stream on the SPA 252 so that there is a  possibility that a SPA 525 monitor an analoque camera?

Thanks.

We don't have such a product.

Marcos

I've tried with ACTi ACM-4201 and SPA525G but

unsuccessfully. Definitely the URL must end with "jpgvideo.sav" to be accepted by SPA as a correct address of stream but don't know any camera other than WVC2300 with that rtsp stream address. So it seems that WVC2300 is only one camera compatible to SPA525G, right?

We are using the PVC2300 and the latest firmware ( stock firmware would not work for us ).  It is working great!

Just be sure to set your feed to 320x240 for MJPEG settings.

CCA 2.2.5 Video Monitor Wizard does all the camera settings for you, once it has the correct FW and is added to

the CCA site.