cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AutoAttendant Problems

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

Typically organizations have an auto attendant that prompts the user to press 1 for sales and 2 for support, etc.. If the menu times out or if the user hits 0, the call is transfered to the operator, whatever extension that may be.

Where can that be configured in CCA or the CUE GUI??????

Brian

computer repair

23 Replies 23

Much appreciated. Thanks.

-Brian

Brian,

What I was trying to do was to use a "floating extension" to use for call routing to a user.  But after testing, I found that Office Manager does not show "floating extensions", so it's settings can not be modified using that program.

So, the only way I can think of getting this to work:

1. Create a new phone using CIPC as the type, and name it "Operator" with a new extension..  (350)

2. Setup this new phone with a "call-forward all" to the user you want to specify as the operator.

3. Configure Auto Attendant option zero to send the call to extension 350.

The customer can then use Office Manager to change the call-forward all on "operator/ext 350" to different users extension whenever they want.

Thank you,

Darren

OK. I get the logic and I think this will work. Quick question though, where in CCA do you set the CFNA? I know I'm probablly staring right at it but I do not see it anywhere in the edit phone screen.

-Brian

Update:

I found the setting in Office Manager. Does it exist in CCA?

This work around works great. Than you for all of your help on this. Your persistance is greatly appreciated.

-Brian

Brian,

There is not an option to set the "call forward all" option in CCA for a phone.  You can do this for a "floating extension", but not a phone.  The only places you can set the "call forward all" option is though Office Manager, or on the phone itself.  (And of course though CLI)

Thank you,

Darren

Hi

I have just started to play with the Auto Attendant as my company requires this to be configured.

I have been using Cisco Configuration Assistant and would also know how to only play the welcome message once, rather than the 3 times it currently does before applying the drop through to the hunt group.

Ideally I would like to play the welcome message just the once.  I want to use the AA, and not just BACD, as using the AA allows for the operators to change the messages easily.

I am now reading up on the TCL and seeing if i can do this any other way...

Getting the call to press a button ie press 1, works, but at the moment I just want the welcome message to play once and then divert...

And of course just using the BACD..

Anyways still reading up, but if anyone has the answer that will be very much appriciated..

I prefer using the CLI, but using the CCA helps in understanding the config, also have the option of using the web gui Cisco Unity Express-Administration GUI.. (Which is best out of the two?)

thanks..

Paul

Thanks to these forums..

Steven DiStefano had the answer in another post.

Looks like you have to use the CUE gui to change the number of times it plays the message.

now all is working.

Question is should i just be using the CCA or CUE GUI for these tasks... or just stick to the CLI ;-)

best regards

Paul

Yeah I don't think there is just one app yet that should be used solely. I know that feature is not available to be modified in CCA, so that means you have to use other means to moduiy it, I.E. CUE GUI or CLI.

Using CLI for the UC500 is tricky due to out of band requiments. If those aren't followed CCA becomes useless. So I think it is still a work in progress.

Where in CUE GUI did you find that setting by the way?

-Brian

Hi

I found it in :-

Voice Mail

Auto Attendant

Then selected the autoattendant Script aa_sbcs_v03.aef

Then scroll down and find maxRetry and you can then change the parameter to 1. (Or how many times you want it to repeat)

As i like CLI, I then logged in and saw nothing changed on the IOS CLI

side, but then went into the voice mail config:

service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session (This makes sense as using the CUE GUI it should write it here)

Then under the autoattednat aa you can see the max-retry parameter.

Hope this helps.. I found this out by tftping the configs and running an examdiff and comparing the files one with 1 message and one with the default 3..

All working.. Now just to trying and understand the CLI a little more for this voice stuff and I will be happy.

best regards..

Paul

ccn application autoattendant aa
enabled
maxsessions 12
script "aa_sbcs_v03.aef"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption0" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption6" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOptionPound" "none"
parameter "directXferMailboxNumber" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption1" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption5" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption1" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOptionStar" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption6" "none"
parameter "allowExternalTransfers" "false"
parameter "AfterHoursOption0" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption7" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption2" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursMenuPrompt" "AABusinessClosed.wav"
parameter "maxRetry" "1"
parameter "AfterHoursOption8" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption7" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption4" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption5" "none"
parameter "extensionLength" "3"
parameter "Schedule" "panbetopen24hours"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption9" "none"
parameter "operator" "394"
parameter "transferMaskEnabled" "false"
parameter "AfterHoursOption2" "none"
parameter "BusinessHourMenuPrompt" "AltGreeting.wav"
parameter "transferMaskPrefixDigits" "2"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption8" "none"
parameter "DialByNameDigit" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption3" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOptionPound" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOptionStar" "none"
parameter "BusinessHoursOption3" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption4" "none"
parameter "AfterHoursOption9" "none"
parameter "DialByExtensionAnytime" "false"
end application

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: