Views
Helpful
Replies

Autoswitching of out-going calls depending on prefix

kevin_mulliah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

If a tellular is plugged to a UC320W, does the UC320W caters for autoswitching capabilities between preferred network where the UC320W will be able to choose the network to dial out depending on the prefix of the dialed out number?

Please advise.

Thanking you .

Kevin

3 Replies 3

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Kevin,

Prefix based routing could be used to choose between different SIP providers and FXO ports. If you have one SIP provider for cellular calls and one SIP provider for Landline calls, then you could have different prefixes for each. FXO lines cannot be individually separated though.

Hello,

Just for clarification, I know that you can assign digits to trunks, i.e. "9" for SIP A, and "8" for SIP B, however can the system route the calls depending on the number, i.e. if I type 0044.... for international could it pick SIP B, and  dialing 0131... for a local call could it pick SIP A?

Tony,

The UC320 is not designed to do complex routing. You would need a UC540 for more advanced functionality.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: