cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup

pcromwell
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to do a backup on CCA version 3.1. It won't backup. looking via cli on the uc560, the command "tftp server interface" is set to the vmail module, it cannot reach the device we are backing up to. We have tried to point the route out but it cannot ping to the destination.

I cannot see in CCA anywhere to change the default tftp server interface.  I am wary of using the cli command as sometimes CCA will complain of change being made that are not via cca interface and refuse to work anymore.

can anyone confirm the best way to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

In CCA there is no way to change the default TFTP server interface.

If the UC is not your default gateway, you need a route to CUE in order to back that up. You can add the route on the PC or your current default gateway. What is the route you added to CUE on the PC?

In Windows the route statement you need to add is:

route add 10.1.10.0 mask 255.255.255.252 IP.Of.UC.Data

The last part is important. The PC and UC both need to have an IP on the same data network to work. For example, using the default data IP of the UC the route statement in windows would be:

route add 10.1.10.0 mask 255.255.255.252 192.168.10.1

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From CLI, term len 0, show run, select all scrollback, copy and paste into file.

Takes about 10 seconds and no configuration changes.

from my understanding the CCA backup, will backup all of the auto attendant and vmail. This is what I am looking for. I have a copy of the IOS config. but this is for someone who only uses CCA, they need to do regular backups.

For CUE, you can configure periodic backups or execute them interactively using CUE CLI or GUI.

Since these commands are immutable, it is impossible for them to interfer with CCA configuration.

Yes, I am aware of those backup methods. I want the CCA to do the backup. The cca is administered by a user who is comfortable with that interface. Therefore CCA should be doing the backup. It wont do it because the TFTP interface is set to the vmail module. I want to change it to the Lan interface, but I am wary of doing it via command line, as CCA can become confused after a change has been made, causing to crash. I have seen this happen before. therefore If someone has the answer I would love to know. We have tried static routes from desktop and from UC560. We have disabled firewalls in the path, still no joy

Sorry, I don't know anything about CCA. All I know, by reading this forum, is that often doesn't do what one needs, and the time spent on it is never paid back.

Hello,

In CCA there is no way to change the default TFTP server interface.

If the UC is not your default gateway, you need a route to CUE in order to back that up. You can add the route on the PC or your current default gateway. What is the route you added to CUE on the PC?

In Windows the route statement you need to add is:

route add 10.1.10.0 mask 255.255.255.252 IP.Of.UC.Data

The last part is important. The PC and UC both need to have an IP on the same data network to work. For example, using the default data IP of the UC the route statement in windows would be:

route add 10.1.10.0 mask 255.255.255.252 192.168.10.1

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

-john

many thanks for the feedback, I shall give it a go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: