cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic config. for Spa504g. Initializing Network

Mainezoo1
Level 1
Level 1

New system setup with ESW520, SA520 and 2 spa504g phones. Both phones boot to Initializing Network with no Ip address assignment. I just want to call between them locally. Not to the outside world. Can I do this with out spa9000 or UC500's.

3 Replies 3

Christopher Graham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need some sort of call control device.  A UC520 or any other ISR capable of running CME 8 would be sufficient.  You might be able to get away with a 3rd party IP PBX, but will not officially be supported with the 504's.  It's not enough to just have two IP phones with an IP address.

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

They are looking for a DHCP server to get an IP address from.  Try tftpd32 for simple small free DHCP server.  After the phones come up you can configure them for static IP if you want via web interface.  I disagree with he other poster about needing call control.  I am pretty sure you can dial phone to phone via IP address if you wish.  If not, check out the attached pdf for something interesting to try.

edit: I noticed you have an SA520.  You can use that as your DHCP server.

Brandon

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Won't the 2 phones need to be connected to a sip or iax server for this to work ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: