Views
Helpful
Replies

Best way to accomplish this configuration UC540

Help Desk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Customer wants all calls to main DID to go to a prompt and automatically transfer to a blast group.  Is there an easy way to do this minus BACD?

Thanks!

HelpDesk

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

You could have the incoming calls sent to an AutoAttendant.  Set the prompt to play once, and then transfer to the blast group number.

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Help Desk,

Like Darren has pointed out, you will need to use the AA kind of like an announcement server, a little unorthodox but it should work

So basically you will need to point the DID to the AA (Pilot number of the AA), create your recording for it I.E "Thank you for calling XYZ company, please wait while we transfer for your call", and in CCA you set it to play once and then transfer to the operators extension, in most cases this will be the reception desk or a blast group.

Now keep in mind, if your site is a busy incoming site and you have a PRI/ISDN service that has more than 12 lines, you need to factor in how many sessions the CUE can handle, which is where the AA resides.

Good Luck

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hello,

Yes, that should work as you have it listed.  I tested it in my lab, and it worked fine, calling the 1st AA from an internal extension.

Thank you,

Darren

5 Replies 5

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

You could have the incoming calls sent to an AutoAttendant.  Set the prompt to play once, and then transfer to the blast group number.

Thank you,

Darren

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Help Desk,

Like Darren has pointed out, you will need to use the AA kind of like an announcement server, a little unorthodox but it should work

So basically you will need to point the DID to the AA (Pilot number of the AA), create your recording for it I.E "Thank you for calling XYZ company, please wait while we transfer for your call", and in CCA you set it to play once and then transfer to the operators extension, in most cases this will be the reception desk or a blast group.

Now keep in mind, if your site is a busy incoming site and you have a PRI/ISDN service that has more than 12 lines, you need to factor in how many sessions the CUE can handle, which is where the AA resides.

Good Luck

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Do you think it would be possible to have it do the following:

AA plays transfers to blast group, if no answer, go to second AA, Option 1 to leave a voicemail and option 2 for the blast group again.

In this situation, the voicemail is that of the original blast group.

So if I changed the final destination on the blast group to the new AA and make option on to leave a voicemail call 6+Blast group to go directly to voicemail.

In theory, I think it would work just fine.

Does this make sense?

Hello,

Yes, that should work as you have it listed.  I tested it in my lab, and it worked fine, calling the 1st AA from an internal extension.

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Help Desk,

To expand a little further on what Darren was saying, I just did a rebuild of a UC-520 on Monday night and needed to do the same as what you are trying to achieve, and I did it using the following method.

• Incoming calls get sent to an AA, no options presented just an announcement with the timer set low
  • Calls get transferred to reception phone first
  • Reception phone has a timer of 16 seconds if unanswered it times out and sent to Blast group
  • Blast Group has a timer of 10 seconds
  • If still unanswered then call is sent to reception VM using the 6... TransferVM option
  • Reception VM has mini AA enabled, using CCA I configured options like you would in the AA of which one was to be transferred back into the Blast Group, or call externally to mobiles, or to continue to hold and be transferred to the VM

This method seems to be working very well and the client is very happy with it, yes there is no hold music when doing it, but this is a limitation of the system which has been clearly outlined to the client to set their expectations correctly, whilst we could use a B-ACD (Hunt Group) to achieve the on-hold music, it is not what they wanted.

I dont know if the above method would help, but it is the work around I have discovered and at least know I can use this methodology in the future for other sites

Cheers,

David Trad.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: