cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

blind transfer

majid omeir
Level 1
Level 1

I can not do blind  transfer ,means I am receiving call from fxo line after receiving the call I want to transfer the call to other extension but when I am transfer this call what it will do is put the call I got from outside in hold and call other extension how can I do blind transfer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Majid,

There are two methods to which you can do transferring

First Method - Consultative Transfer:

1. Take Incoming call
  2. Press Transfer
  3. Dial Extension
  4. Advise use of the call and see if they want the call transferred to them
  5. If YES then press the transfer key again
  6. If no then you hang the call up or they hang up and you press resume

Second Method - Blind Tr4ansfer:

1. Take incoming Call
  2. Press Transfer
  3. Dial Extension
  4. Press Transfer key again

On any systems deployed both should be enabled, no matter what the client says they will use I can assure you that both will be use all the time, never ever have I had a client say they will not use either or and then not ask for them to be enabled, so now both are always turned on and it becomes their choice as to which one they want to use.

Also please see the following as I use these frequently after every single deployment when I do one-to-one training or group training.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10499/products_user_guide_list.html

Look at the PDF user guides, and choose the one that is best for you and your client.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Majid,

There are two methods to which you can do transferring

First Method - Consultative Transfer:

1. Take Incoming call
  2. Press Transfer
  3. Dial Extension
  4. Advise use of the call and see if they want the call transferred to them
  5. If YES then press the transfer key again
  6. If no then you hang the call up or they hang up and you press resume

Second Method - Blind Tr4ansfer:

1. Take incoming Call
  2. Press Transfer
  3. Dial Extension
  4. Press Transfer key again

On any systems deployed both should be enabled, no matter what the client says they will use I can assure you that both will be use all the time, never ever have I had a client say they will not use either or and then not ask for them to be enabled, so now both are always turned on and it becomes their choice as to which one they want to use.

Also please see the following as I use these frequently after every single deployment when I do one-to-one training or group training.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10499/products_user_guide_list.html

Look at the PDF user guides, and choose the one that is best for you and your client.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thank u for u support