Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocked from accessing Voicemail

I have a user that this happened to twice.  The user is in the process of listening to voicemails when a call comes in.  The user answers the call, talks and ends the call.  The user then tries to reaccess thet voicemail only to hear the message that the VM is alrerady in use.

Before I deleted the mailbox and recreated it but the user lost any unheard VMs.  Is there a way to let the system know that the user is NOT still "in the voicemail box" without having to recreate the mailbox?

Thank you, Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

At this stage the only other way I can think of doing this, and not guaranteed to work but might

1. Disable the users VM... Not delete it but disable it

or

2. Run the service integrated module command with the "switch" command of reload to reload the voice mail module (This will take up to 5 minutes to restore the CUE into operational mode

However in suggesting the above, it would be very helpful to get SBS to look at this problem, it could potentialy be a bug. It almost sounds like when they take the call whilst in the CUE it places the call on hold (Without the ability to retrieve it) and there is no BYE command sent in the SIP session to terminate the call (This is just a guess, not saying this is the case ).

Not sure if you are interested in logging a case in on this, I can only hope you are.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul,

At this stage the only other way I can think of doing this, and not guaranteed to work but might

1. Disable the users VM... Not delete it but disable it

or

2. Run the service integrated module command with the "switch" command of reload to reload the voice mail module (This will take up to 5 minutes to restore the CUE into operational mode

However in suggesting the above, it would be very helpful to get SBS to look at this problem, it could potentialy be a bug. It almost sounds like when they take the call whilst in the CUE it places the call on hold (Without the ability to retrieve it) and there is no BYE command sent in the SIP session to terminate the call (This is just a guess, not saying this is the case ).

Not sure if you are interested in logging a case in on this, I can only hope you are.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I have seen this problem on two systems now.  The only way I was able to un-lock the mailboxes for the user was to reload the CUE

VM.  If anyone finds a quicker, less service affecting way, let us know!!!!

Thank you David & Ryan.  I will try your suggestions next time it happens.

So far it is fine.  Regards, Paul

Try this:

se-10-0-0-0# voice mailbox unlock owner Billy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: