Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forward all to answering service

I have a medical client who needs to enable an answering service after-hours in case of an emergency. What would be the best way to support this on the UC520?

They have a pretty simple setup, their main line is on a SIP trunk with the DID set on a group of hunt DNs. Then the DN is either applied onto phones as a button or an overlay depending on the phone model.

One thing i can think of is to have them login to the CME GUI, then setup call forward all on the incoming main line DN. Just wondering if there are any other options, feature codes, etc. that can be used to enable/disable call forwarding on the main line when needed.

15 REPLIES

Re: Call forward all to answering service

Night service is the way to go.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9583

So night service can forward calls to an external number?

Also, is there a way to turn it on and off manually? Say I set night service to start at 5pm, but they end up working until 6 one day. They would want to delay night service activating until they leave. Or alternatively, I could set it to turn on automatically at 6pm, and they could manually enable it if they leave at 5. Then if they forget, it turns on at 6 anyway. I seem to remember this being possible, but i'm not sure if it is on a per-phone or system-wide basis.

And I apologize in advance, I would normally read through the administration guide for these answers, but I am running around on calls today.

"night service code" can be configured under telephony-service to enable/disable night service from any phone, at any time. This is a system wide switch.

Thanks,

Marcos

Ok, I have night service configured and working with the code.

The issue now is that the call-forward night-service is not working correctly. The answering service is an external number, so i have setup 'call-forward night-service 91866xxxxxxx' under my incoming main line DN. When we enable night service and call the line, the calling phone just sits there for about 20 seconds then disconnects.

In the debugs i can see the incoming call and the forwarding call, but is not going through. Calling the forwarding number directly from an IP phone works fine.

I don't think i got a full debug log so i won't post it, but let me know if there is anything else that may be preventing me from doing a call forward to an external number.

Check your dial-peers for a toll-free configuration, there should be one created by CCA with the following info

corlist outgoing call-toll-free
description **CCA*North American*Toll-Free**
translation-profile outgoing OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE
preference 4
destination-pattern 91866.......
forward-digits all
no sip-register

you may need to adjust the corlist settings on your night service ephone-dn to match the call-toll-free corlist.  Once you find this dial-peer, a "debug voip dialpeer" should show you if the correct dial-peer is getting matched.

I have the default cor lists that CCA creates, but I dont think any of them are applied to my ephones or ephone-dns. Calls seem to be working fine.

The outgoing forwarded call also seems to be hitting a dialpeer and going out ok.

I was troubleshooting this with the SIP trunk provider (NexVortex) and they were seeing a 200 OK from us, an ACK from their side, then we would just send another 200 OK and the process repeated. He after looking into it more, he thinks that the call is actually connecting, there is just no audio. So after 20 seconds or so the remote side is just hanging up on us. Does that give you any clues?

That doesn't sound right to me, could you enable "debug ccsip messages" make a test call with the forwarding enabled and post the results here?  Scrub out phone numbers and the like for privacy of course.

Attached.

Hi There,

I noticed a couple of things:

021257: Jun 22 13:06:36: ccConferenceCreate: ret1=0, codecMask1=1, bytes1=160, negot1=1, dtmf1=6
                    ret2=0, codecMask2=1, bytes2=160, negot2=1, dtmf2=6,
                    tx_dynamic_pt1=0, rx_dynamic_pt1=0, codec_mode1=0, params_bitmap1 =0
                    tx_dynamic_pt2=0, rx_dynamic_pt2=0, codec_mode2=0, params_bitmap2 =0
021258: Jun 22 13:06:36: //2043/xxxxxxxxxxxx/CCAPI/ccConferenceCreate:
   delay media to slow start case, codec negotation is not done
021259: Jun 22 13:06:36: //2043/xxxxxxxxxxxx/CCAPI/cc_api_get_xcode_stream:

Then This:

021277: Jun 22 13:06:39: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpMatchPeersCore:
   Calling Number=, Called Number=2093656800, Peer Info Type=DIALPEER_INFO_SPEECH
021278: Jun 22 13:06:39: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpMatchPeersCore:
   Match Rule=DP_MATCH_DEST; Called Number=2093656800
021279: Jun 22 13:06:39: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpMatchPeersCore:
   No Outgoing Dial-peer Is Matched; Result=NO_MATCH(-1)
021280: Jun 22 13:06:39: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpMatchPeers:
   Result=NO_MATCH(-1)
021281: Jun 22 13:06:39: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpAssociateIncomingPeerCore:
   Calling Number=1866389xxxx, Called Number=, Voice-Interface=0x0,
   Timeout=TRUE, Peer Encap Type=ENCAP_VOIP, Peer Search Type=PEER_TYPE_VOICE,
   Peer Info Type=DIALPEER_INFO_SPEECH
021282: Jun 22 13:06:39: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpAssociateIncomingPeerCore:
   Result=NO_MATCH(-1) After All Match Rules Attempt
021283: Jun 22 13:06:39: //2043/027CFAA795E0/CCAPI/ccCallConnect:
   Call Entry(Connected=TRUE, Responsed=TRUE)
021284: Jun 22 13:06:39: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpAssociateIncomingPeerCore:
   Calling Number=2093656800, Called Number=, Voice-Interface=0x0,
   Timeout=TRUE, Peer Encap Type=ENCAP_VOIP, Peer Search Type=PEER_TYPE_VOICE,
   Peer Info Type=DIALPEER_INFO_SPEECH
021285: Jun 22 13:06:39: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/DPM/dpAssociateIncomingPeerCore:
   Result=NO_MATCH(-1) After All Match Rules Attempt
021286: Jun 22 13:06:39: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Msg/ccsipDisplayMsg:

It appears there that it is unable to find a dial-peer to match that number too. The above does not appear to be normal.... Well i dont see them when i dial out via SIP, so i cant be certain as every config is usually different.

If i was to guess i would say that your Call Forward does not have a the prefix to access an outside line when it attempts to dial out, you should look at the Night Service Call Forward number and make sure it is using the number that is required to gain access to an outside line. If that is setup correctly or you do not see it as being a problem, then maybe something to do with yoru dial-peers or translation rules????

Sorry i couldnt be of more help.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Another area of interest

021272: Jun 22 13:06:36: %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGP: list 104 denied udp 67.16.106.244(51940) -> 99.59.xx.xx(18692), 1 packet

Looks like your ACL could be dropping audio packets.  The slow start pointed out by David may be causing problems as well.

David: That number (209365xxxx) is the number I made my test call from. I'm not sure why the UC520 is trying to match a dial peer as the called number?

So the test was like this: Me (209365xxxx) called UC520 (213455xxxx), which is supposed to forward to answering service (866xxxxxxx).

I do have the access code (9) programmed in the call forward number, and the call is actually placed, as my SIP trunk provider can see the call coming out.

You may be correct about the translation rules, I havent gotten that in depth yet to see if they are improperly translating something. Now that I think about it, that dial peer is using the 'PSTN_Outgoing' translation, which translates calling, called, as well as does a redirect calling and called I think. This could be the reason for the mismatch of the dialpeer of the CALLING number above?

Hey Guys,

I think i've got it working. The last two things I changed, based on your recommendations:

1. I basically opened up the whole UDP audio range through the firewall to my UC520. The weird thing about this SIP provider is that they will send us audio from many different IP addresses based on the call routing. So incase the ACL was blocking traffice and inspection couldn't take care of it, I just opened the whole range.

2. I created a dialpeer exclusively for the call forwarding to the answering service. Removed the cor list, and set it to the 'OUTGOING_TRANSLATION_PROFILE' instead of 'PSTN_Outgoing', and set the destination as the phone number for the service.

After these changes, everything appears to be running smooth.

On a side note, how can I tell from the CLI if night service is currently active or not, and also, how would I setup a night service schedule if the office hours are M-F 9:00am to 5:00 PM? I currently have this:

night-service weekday 17:30 08:59
night-service day Sun 00:00 23:59
night-service day Sat 00:00 23:59

But I know it's not correct. I am assuming my Sunday time is wrong because i need it to be active until 9:00 monday morning. But if I put 9:00 there, I think it is going to be active from Midnight to 9:00am sunday?

Hi there,

On a side note, how can I tell from the CLI if night service is
currently active or not, and also, how would I setup a night service
schedule if the office hours are M-F 9:00am to 5:00 PM? I currently
have this:

night-service weekday 17:30 08:59

But
I know it's not correct. I am assuming my Sunday time is wrong because
i need it to be active until 9:00 monday morning. But if I put 9:00
there, I think it is going to be active from Midnight to 9:00am sunday?

Thi is what i use, however you should change the time:

night-service code *99
night-service weekday 17:00 08:00

If you want it to auto deactivate at 1 minute to 0900hrs then put the time in as 08:59 in and it should be fine, i cant see how what you have there would not work, i have activated it on my Lab system to see what happens, if it comes off ok then it will work for you, but the code above is currently in operation on more then one production system, no complaints yet.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Cisco Employee

Getting the night service times right *is* a little tricky.  You can achieve what you want with the following though:

night-service day Mon 17:00 08:59

night-service day Tue 17:00 08:59

night-service day Wed 17:00 08:59

night-service day Thu 17:00 08:59

night-service day Fri 17:00 11:59

night-service day Sat 12:00 11:59

night-service day Sun 12:00 08:59

Cheers,

Dave.

The current trace you attached cuts in at the 100 trying, could you please recapture the debug with the entire call including initial invite?  Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content