Views
Helpful
Replies

call hunt does not want to fwrd to voicemail

nasralla1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I’m having a hard time setting up call hunt.

right now i have 2 extensions. (100, 101)

I have created a call hunt group that has both my extensions ring simultaneously.

i also enabled group voicemail to fwrd to if no answer or busy.

I’m testing this with one phone line coming that has call waiting.

This is what happens

• •1. i get a phone call
  • •2. ext 100 answers the phone
  • •3. i get a second call while 100 is on the phone
  • •4. ext 100 hears the call waiting beep but does nothing
  • •5. the call should be redirected to the voice mail.... but it does not.

Did i miss a step somewhere to setup voice mail.

also under call forwarding, i have Group call forwarding setup to go to the group voicemail but i cant set the time under "After (Seconds)"

i had posted here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3597561#3597561

and im still loking for other suggestions to the problem

thanks for the help

5 Replies 5

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Each phone is a Dual Line phone. When the first call comes in it will ring the phone. When the second call comes in it will still ring the same phone. If you are already on a call, then it would display the second call and play call waiting tone. If no one picks then it goes to voice mail. When the 3rd call comes in it will go to voicemail after hitting the busy trigger.

Unfortunately there is no way to set the busy trigger to 1.

ok but the thing is when the second call comes in and im on the phone i do hear the call waiting tone but it does not go to voice mail

Hi,

I think the confusion may be in where the call waiting is enabled.   We do not support FXO lines with Call Waiting provisioned by the telco.  We do not support hook flash signaling to the telco.  FXO circuits should only be provisioned with caller ID by the telco.

If you are talking about call waiting being enabled on the phone that is a different scenario.  In an example of this you might have two different FXO lines pointing to the hunt group.  When you are on the phone with one line and a second call comes in you will be alerted on the phone by blinking LEDs and if no answer it rolls to the group voicemail.

Hope this helps.

Chris

HI ok now I’m a little bit more confused

ill try to simplify the question... (i also tried both scenarios below)

lets say i have 1 FXO line and 2 ext (100,101) both in a group hunt to ring simultaneously.

when i have call waiting enabled from telco but not voice mail

• call 1 comes in
  • ext 100 pick up
  • call 2 comes in ( ext 100 hears the call waiting beep, ext 101 hears nothing) this is normal of course.
  • Call 2 never goes to voice mail.... (here is my problem)

is this normal behavior, is there anything i can do to solve this problem without enabling telco voicemail

when i have call waiting disabled from telco but not voice mail

• call 1 comes in
  • ext 100 pick up
  • call 2 comes (it will ring busy)

is this normal behavior, Can the UC300w manage call waiting ?? (I thought it was normal behavior until the post before)

thanks a lot for all your help

Hi,

If you only have 1 FXO port connected to the UC320W then you can only have 1 call established at a time. The UC320W does not support call waiting on FXO ports.

Also the UC320W does not support Telco provided voice mail, the stutter dial tone when there are voice mail messages is not supported and must be disabled by telco.

If you need additional call capacity invest in a SIP trunk or additional fxo lines.

Thanks,

Randy