cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call-waiting ring interrupts current call

chasegranzow
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to change the call-waiting behavior of incoming calls on a UC560 to ring the phone base instead of using the standard call-waiting beep.  When setting the DNs to "call-waiting ring," the phones do indeed ring; however, the current call is cut off and interrupted with a period of silence while the phone base rings.  This is happening on a setup with both SPA504G and SPA525G phones.

Is this normal behavior?  Ideally, it seems like the phones should be able to ring with no impact on the current call.

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi chasegranzow,

Have you tried the "no call-waiting beep" command on the DN's in question? This should stop the cutting in on the Hand Peice.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

If I set both "no call-waiting beep" and "call-waiting ring" on the DNs, then the phone and handset give no audible alerts whatsoever (other than the visual indicators).  Using only "no call-waiting beep" results in identical behavior, as well.

If I only set "call-waiting ring," then the phone generates a ring, but the handset goes dead for the duration of each ring.

Also, just to clarify, using the default "call-waiting beep" works as expected.

This is a bug. Please open a case and we will track it.

Marcos

Chase,

Our Product Manager says:

Our phone uses the same concept as Call waiting beep.

When you are on a call and a call is waiting. You will hear a beep periodically

To alert you of the call waiting.

During this beep, the audio will be interrupted. The same applies to Call waiting ring.

Marcos, Do you know if this bug has been fixed?  running into this at a customer site.  Thanks

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but we have this same issue and it is driving us nuts.

Marcos, this problem only affects the SPA series IP phones.  During testing I used a 7965 and it did not mute the audio while performing the call-waiting ring funtion.  The SPA 508 and SPA 525G's I have always mute the audio.  Please speak to the product manager again, this is clearly a bug in the SPA series phone's firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: