Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Can do not disturb be configured as one of the 6 side buttons on a 7962G phone?

I have seen a Do Not Disturb button as the 6th button on a 7962G phone in screenshots. I do not know if Cisco Unified CME supports this, and I do not know how this is enabled. I know that the 6 buttons on a 7962G can be used for lines or speed dials, but I do not know whether Do Not Disturb can be configured as one of these buttons.

Link to 7962G Data Sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps8536/product_data_sheet0900aecd8069bd41.html

The 7962G phones illustrated have their 6th button configured for Do Not Disturb.

Button layout of phones illustrated on the 7962G data sheet:

• Bill Prince (x1015) - line button
  • Betty Taylor (x1020) - line button
  • Unused
  • Unused
  • Unused
  • Do Not Disturb - feature button

Is the button layout described above possible to do on the UC520? I know that I can customize the softkey layout through the CLI.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: Can do not disturb be configured as one of the 6 side button

Hi John,

This IP phone feature is available only for IP phones that are registered to Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM). It is not available on CUCME for ISRs or UC 500s.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Community Member

We will look into this.

Thanks,

Marcos

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Hi John,

This IP phone feature is available only for IP phones that are registered to Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM). It is not available on CUCME for ISRs or UC 500s.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Community Member

Yes, I do understand that that feature was originally only supported in CUCM and CUCMBE, but it is now supported in Cisco Unified CME 8.0. I am aware that this feature cannot yet be configured in CCA.

Here is how it can be configured on the UC520, UC540, and UC560 with the 8.0.0 software pack or later in CLI:

ephone 1

feature-button 1 dnd

Will this feature get added to CCA in the future?

Community Member

We will look into this.

Thanks,

Marcos

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content